Corrosion Under Insulation and Fireproofing Management
MobleySafway Solutions has a Turnkey program for Corrosion Under Insulation and Fireproofing Management. This program includes:
- Scaffolding and Containment
- Insulation Removal / Installation
- Surface Preparation / Coatings / TSA
- Multi Skilled Work Force Increases Productivity
- Cross Trained Supervision Reduces Overhead
- Inspection and Integrity Surveys
What is CUI
CUI (Corrosion Under Insulation) is a form of localized external corrosion that occurs in carbon and low alloy steel piping and equipment that has been insulated. The corrosion occurs when water is absorbed by or collected in the insulation. The piping or equipment begins to corrode as it is exposed to moisture and oxygen. CUI is common in refineries and process plants that operate at various temperatures. It’s a problem that has plagued the refining and chemical process industries as many facilities are over 40 years in age.
Plant managers worldwide know that the best management for CUI is prevention.
MobleySafway’s CUI Prevention Advice
The major factor in preventing CUI is to keep moisture from intruding into the insulation. Water decreases the effectiveness of the insulation and leads to corrosion of pipe or equipment. Poor conditions caused by wet insulation can be aggravated by weathering, vibration or mechanical wear.
There are five factors in preventing CUI: (1) insulation selection; (2) equipment design; (3) protective paints and coatings; (4) weather barriers; and (5) maintenance practices. Some insulations leave the system less sensitive to defects in weatherproofing or paint films because the insulations are nonabsorbent and chemically nonreactive.
One of the best and most effective options to prevent corrosion under insulation is the use of protective coating systems. If you use MobleySafway Solutions as your specialty coating provider – you will greatly reduce the issues associated with CUI.
MobleySafway is able to provide customers with key historical information regarding past projects, as well as agreed upon KPI’s throughout a project. This information helps ensure everyone involved in a project is focused on the schedule, following a clearly defined critical path and maintaining important priorities. These details provide the capability to identify and proactively eliminate any potential issues. MobleySafway tracks and reports: equipment, location and inventory; labor schedules; inspection information; performance; timetables and costs. Every aspect of a project is carefully monitored and measured to ensure that we deliver clear visible value in the most efficient manner possible – and this is how:
- Engage customers and contractors during the planning and scheduling process.
- Utilize a disciplined workforce planning methodology to maximize tool time.
- Leverage of the largest engineering staff in the industry to design the most efficient solutions.
- Provide the largest equipment inventory and offering more products and services.
- Offering a solid estimate up front and monitoring costs throughout a project.
- Provide industry-specific and experienced management and training.
- Minimize safety exposure hours.
- Apply the experience and knowledge of our award-winning safety team and a dedicated training university.
- Driving the project schedules whenever possible.
- Utilizing the logistical convenience of the largest and most extensive branch network.
- Tracking and measuring every aspect of a project, before, during and after its completion.
We are your one company, one source for Corrosion Under Insulation and Fireproofing Management and the remainder of your project. Click here to contact us for more information or a quote.